Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
Prior to submitting an application please review: SLRP eligibility criteria for both applicants and service sites; and SLRP FAQ's.
SLRP is an incentive program for primary care providers working at approved practice sites in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs). SLRP is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and matched by an awardee's practice site.
In exchange for loan repayment funds SLRP requires a minimum initial 2 year service obligation for full time providers, and a minimum 4 year service obligation for part time providers.
Providers may qualify for up to two 1 year continuations beyond their initial service obligation, contingent on the on provider's remaining eligible loan debt amount, and availability of program funds at time of the continuation application submission.
Eligible Provider Types:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Expanded Practice Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor IIIs (Master Degree required).
Providers must be:
- A US citizen at the time their SLRP application is submitted; AND
- Contracted to begin working or already working at an approved practice site; AND
- Providing primary care services in an outpatient ambulatory care setting.
Practice Site Eligibility
Practice sites must be:
- Non-profit (public or private); AND
- Located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA); AND
- Providing outpatient, ambulatory, primary medical, mental and behavioral, and/or dental services; AND
- Provide services on a free or reduced fee schedule basis to individuals at or below 200% of the federal poverty level; AND
- Willing and able to provide 50% of their provider's total loan repayment award, plus a 10% administrative fee; AND
- Approved by ORH to participate in the SLRP with a Site Application on file that is no more than one year old (from date the provider submits their SLRP application).
For questions regarding practice site eligibility contact the SLRP Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial Award Calculation
Full time providers may receive up to 50% in loan repayment on qualifying educational debt, up to a maximum of $35,000 per obligation year, for an initial two year obligation.
Part time providers may receive up to 50% in loan repayment on qualifying educational debt, up to a maximum of $17,500 per obligation year, for an initial four year obligation.
Full time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, providing at least 32 hours of direct patient care, for a minimum of 45 weeks each year.
Part time is defined as working at least 20 hours per week, providing at least 16 hours of direct patient care at an approved practice site, for a minimum of 45 weeks each year.
A provider's practice site must provide 1:1 matching award funds, plus a 10% administrative fee, on the provider's total award amount. In the event a provider's practice site is unable to provide matching funds at the level the provider is awarded, the practice site and provider may mutually agree to lower the total award amount to a level that would allow the practice site contribute.
Continuation Award Calculation
After successful completion of an initial SLRP service obligation providers may apply for a one year continuation. Providers who qualify and receive a continuation will be awarded up to 60% of their remaining qualified educational debt, up to a maximum of $35,000.
After successful completion of their first continuation providers may apply for a second, one year continuation. Providers who qualify and receive a second continuation will be awarded up to 60% of their remaining qualified educational debt, up to a maximum of $35,000 per obligation year.
A provider's practice site must provide 1:1 matching award funds, plus a 10% administrative fee. Continuations are contingent on the availability of program funds, and the provider's service site's ability to match funds.
Award Minimum and Lifetime Maximum
Providers must qualify, based on their qualified educational debt, for an award of $5,000 per obligation year. Providers who qualify for less than $5,000 will not be awarded. Between a provider's initial two year award, and up to 2 one year continuations, a provider may not receive more than $100,000. Providers who receive $100,000 in total SLRP award funds will not be eligible to reapply to the program.
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve ongoing basis. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant and will not be reviewed until fully completed. Awards are made until all program funds have been exhausted.
SLRP does not have a set closing date. Once all program funds have been exhausted this website will be updated and the SLRP applications will be removed. Please review the SLRP eligibility criteria above, for both providers and practice sites, as well as FAQ's prior to submitting an application.