OHSU Transportation Updates
Those with an OHSU login can view the most recent OHSU Now post for a look at the parking plan as we return to our new normal.
• Patient parking is free for all patients and patient visitors.
• Permits are required for all non-patient parking on Marquam Hill and South Waterfront during normal business hours. Do not park in 24/7 reserved stalls unless you are assigned to that stall.
• Effective July 13, 2020 parking charges have resumed in OHSU Marquam Hill, South Waterfront and downtown locations.
Permit parking facilities and tiered daily rates
To reduce the overall number of people on the Tram, OHSU and the City of Portland have temporarily ceased general ticket sales. Tram attendants and guides are available to help direct foot traffic, prioritize urgent trips, and guide people to other inter-campus options.
Masks are required to be worn on the Tram. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
Employees and patients can use the Tram for transportation between campuses, but we ask that trips be limited as much as possible.
Valid fare for the Tram includes:
- OHSU ID Badges
- VA Employee ID Badges
- Shriners Employee ID Badges
- Patient passes (Family passes are not accepted at this time) – patient passes can be obtained from OHSU Concierge desks or your provider.
See the latest Tram Operations Notice.
Explore alternatives to the Tram at gobytram.com/alternative
OHSU BICYCLE SUBSIDY
For purchase of a bike for an OHSU member's personal commuting.
- Subsidies cannot be combined. Limit one per person.
- Visit the qualified shop and present your OHSU badge.
- Bicycle Subsidy: A bicycle subsidy of $100 will be provided to the first 100 people (per fiscal year) for qualified purchase of a bike at Sellwood Cycles.
- Electric Bicycle Subsidy: An e-bike subsidy of $200 will be provided to the first 50 people for qualified purchase of an e-bike at The e-Bike Store or Cynergy E-Bikes.
- E-bike Show Room: Providing demo rides of bikes provided by partnering local shops during Go By Bike’s normal business hours.
- Self parking: Available in the fenced off Go By Bike area.
- Go By Bike staff will be on site : 6am - 7:30pm Monday to Friday
- Locks : Available to borrow. Supplies limited.
- One free annual bicycle tune-up: Available annually to OHSU workforce members who are required to be onsite. Fill out the repair form at www.gobybikepdx.com and leave your bike with an attendant.
More resources for biking to OHSU: ohsu.edu/bike
Beginning October 18, 2021 all badge requests must be submitted in the online form. Paper forms will no longer be accepted.
While on campus:
All OHSU Members must wear their OHSU ID and all members and visitors to campus must wear a mask at all times. For additional information about the process for new hires to receive their ID badge and complete onboarding paperwork visit our O2 page.
Eight checkpoints across campus to allow entry for patients and visitors into healthcare areas, all other doors are secured and available by badge access only.
Transportation and Parking Customer Service:
Operating with reduced hours due to Modified Operations. Lobby capacity is limited to maintain physical distancing.
- Open weekdays, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Closes at 2:25 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Closed on OHSU holidays.