OHSU Transportation Updates
Those with an OHSU login can view the most recent OHSU Now post for a look at the parking plan as we return to our new normal.
Paid parking will resume July 13, 2020:
• Patient parking is free for all patients and patient visitors.
• Permits are required for all non-patient parking on Marquam Hill and South Waterfront during normal business hours. Do not park in 24/7 reserved stalls unless you are assigned to that stall.
• Effective July 13, 2020 parking charges have resumed in OHSU Marquam Hill, South Waterfront and downtown locations.
Permit parking facilities and tiered daily rates
To reduce the overall number of people on the Tram, OHSU and the City of Portland have temporarily ceased general ticket sales. Tram attendants and guides are available to help direct foot traffic, prioritize urgent trips, and guide people to other inter-campus options.
Tram loading has been limited to 20 or fewer people per cabin.
Masks are required to be worn on the Tram. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
Employees and patients can use the Tram for transportation between campuses, but we ask that trips be limited as much as possible.
Valid fare for the Tram includes:
- OHSU ID Badges
- VA Employee ID Badges
- Shriners Employee ID Badges
- Patient passes (Family passes are not accepted at this time) – patient passes can be obtained from OHSU Concierge desks or your provider.
See the latest Tram Operations Notice.
Explore alternatives to the Tram at gobytram.com/alternative
Effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020, South Waterfront and Marquam Hill Shuttle service will be halted until further notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
OHSU Employees who paid for their existing HOP passes (both TriMet and CTran) on payroll will receive a communication at the end of July or beginning of August with direction on what steps to take if they do not wish to have their HOP pass renewed for the upcoming transit year (Sept 2020 – Aug 2021).
During modified operations, TriMet has urged the public to only ride for essential trips. Capacity has been limited and some seats restricted to maintain social distancing. Cash is not being accepted. Riders are required to wear masks and drivers are required to wear masks when their buses have riders.
C-Tran has taken measures similar to TriMet.
Check with the transit agency for their latest updates:
Learn general information about OHSU’s transit program: ohsu.edu/transit
E-bikes are an option that may help commuters travel longer distances, up hills, with accessibility and traveling as a family. An e-bike subsidy of $200 will be provided for the first 50 eligible people for qualified purchase of an e-bike.
An eligible purchase must be:
- Must be for personal commuting to OHSU by a person with an active OHSU badge (employees, students, contractors, volunteers, etc.).
- Limited to one subsidy per participant.
- Offer not valid on full-suspension mountain bikes.
Point West Credit Union is also offering loans for eBikes to anyone who qualifies.
- E-bike Show Room: Providing demo rides of bikes provided by partnering local shops during Go By Bike’s normal business hours.
- Self parking: Available in the fenced off Go By Bike area.
- Go By Bike staff will be on site : 6am - 7:30pm Monday to Friday
- Locks : Available to borrow. Supplies limited.
- One free annual bicycle tune-up: Available annually to OHSU workforce members who are required to be onsite. Fill out the repair form at www.gobybikepdx.com and leave your bike with an attendant.
More resources for biking to OHSU: ohsu.edu/bike
Effective July 1, 2020, Human Resources will no longer have a representative at the Marquam Hill Customer Service Center. For additional information about the process for new hires to receive their ID badge and complete onboarding paperwork visit our O2 page.
While on campus:
All OHSU Members must wear their OHSU ID and all members and visitors to campus must wear a mask at all times.
Eight checkpoints across campus to allow entry for patients and visitors into healthcare areas, all other doors are secured and available by badge access only.
Transportation and Parking Customer Service:
Operating with reduced hours due to Modified Operations. Lobby capacity is limited to maintain physical distancing.
- Open weekdays, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Closes at 2:25 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Closed on OHSU holidays.