OHSU Transportation Updates
Those with an OHSU login can view the most recent OHSU Now post for a look at the parking plan as we return to our new normal.
Paid parking will resume July 13, 2020:
• Patient parking is free for all patients and patient visitors.
• Permits are required for all non-patient parking on Marquam Hill and South Waterfront during normal business hours. Do not park in 24/7 reserved stalls unless you are assigned to that stall.
• Effective July 13, 2020 parking charges have resumed in OHSU Marquam Hill, South Waterfront and downtown locations.
Permit parking facilities and tiered daily rates
To reduce the overall number of people on the Tram, OHSU and the City of Portland have temporarily ceased general ticket sales. Tram attendants and guides are available to help direct foot traffic, prioritize urgent trips, and guide people to other inter-campus options.
Tram loading has been limited to 20 or fewer people per cabin.
Masks are required to be worn on the Tram. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
Employees and patients can use the Tram for transportation between campuses, but we ask that trips be limited as much as possible.
Valid fare for the Tram includes:
- OHSU ID Badges
- VA Employee ID Badges
- Shriners Employee ID Badges
- Patient passes (Family passes are not accepted at this time) – patient passes can be obtained from OHSU Concierge desks or your provider.
See the latest Tram Operations Notice.
Explore alternatives to the Tram at gobytram.com/alternative
Effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020, South Waterfront and Marquam Hill Shuttle service will be halted until further notice. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
During modified operations, TriMet has urged the public to only ride for essential trips. Capacity has been limited and some seats restricted to maintain social distancing. Cash is not being accepted. Riders are required to wear masks and drivers are required to wear masks when their buses have riders.
C-Tran has taken measures similar to TriMet.
Check with the transit agency for their latest updates:
Learn general information about OHSU’s transit program: ohsu.edu/transit
Point West Credit Union is offering loans for eBikes to anyone who qualifies.
- E-bike Show Room: Providing demo rides of bikes provided by partnering local shops during Go By Bike’s normal business hours.
- Self parking: Available in the fenced off Go By Bike area.
- Go By Bike staff will be on site : 6am - 7:30pm Monday to Friday
- Locks : Available to borrow. Supplies limited.
- One free annual bicycle tune-up: Available annually to OHSU workforce members who are required to be onsite. Fill out the repair form at www.gobybikepdx.com and leave your bike with an attendant.
More resources for biking to OHSU: ohsu.edu/bike
Effective July 1, 2020, Human Resources will no longer have a representative at the Marquam Hill Customer Service Center. For additional information about the process for new hires to receive their ID badge and complete onboarding paperwork visit our O2 page.
While on campus:
All OHSU Members must wear their OHSU ID and all members and visitors to campus must wear a mask at all times.
Eight checkpoints across campus to allow entry for patients and visitors into healthcare areas, all other doors are secured and available by badge access only.
Transportation and Parking Customer Service:
Operating with reduced hours due to Modified Operations. Lobby capacity is limited to maintain physical distancing.
- Open weekdays, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Closes at 2:25 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Closed on OHSU holidays.
This service is dependent on Lyft continuing to transport people. Per Lyft guidelines you cannot use Lyft if you are symptomatic, please see the COVID-19 OHSU site for information on steps you should take.
How is OHSU using Lyft for COVID-19?
The Lyft Credit program enables users to hail a Lyft from their own phone app for rides to and from OHSU’s Marquam Hill and South Waterfront campuses. The transport of patients or symptomatic OHSU members is not permitted via the Lyft platform.
How do I get access to the COVID-19 Lyft account?
Please complete the online request form.
More Lyft information: o2.ohsu.edu/lyft
This program is currently slated to end on Jan. 31st, 2020, but we are continuously monitoring and adjusting our programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.