Welcome, Prospective Candidates!
Thank you for your interest in the OHSU Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program (PCCM) and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program (CCM). We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and all applications must be submitted through ERAS. Instructions for completing and submitting the ERAS application can be found on the ERAS Fellowship website.
Our Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship consists of three years, and our Critical Care Medicine Fellowship consists of two years, with space for a one-year fellow. Both fellowships include rotations at the following training sites:
- University Hospital (UH OHSU)
- Portland VA Health Care System (VAPORHCS)
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital (KPH)
- Legacy Emanuel Hospital (EM)
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center (PSV)
- Divisional research laboratories at OHSU
- Divisional research Laboratories at VAPORHCS
- Associated laboratories including the Department of Biochemistry, the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, and the Oregon Cancer Institute
Our academic year is broken into 13 blocks. Prospective candidates can expect roughly the following rotations, though not necessarily in this order:
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in one of our two fellowships: Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine. Both of our programs participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and are involved in the match with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Instructions for completing and submitting the ERAS application can be found on the ERAS Fellowship website. Typically, ERAS application submission for positions starting July will open the previous July. We will begin reviewing applications at the end of July. Selected applicants will be invited to interview virtually beginning late August or early September, and interviews will conclude in early-October.
In alignment with the Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors (APCCMPD), our national professional society, and to ensure a uniform interview process that is equitable to all applicants, our fellowship interviews for applicants in 2022-2023 will be held exclusively virtually. We will not offer in-person site visits. The full recommendation is available here.
Your application must include:
- A personal statement
- A letter of recommendation from your Program Director
- Verification of completion of an ACGME-accredited medicine internship and residency prior to entering the program
- Three recent (dated within the last 12 months) letters of recommendation
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE) or ECFMG certificate (for foreign medical graduates)
- You must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions about the program, application, or interviews please reach out to the Fellowship Program Directors.
Dr. Anna Brady, Program Director PCCM
Dr. Sherie Gause, Associate Program Director PCCM
Dr. Ran Ran, Program Director CCM
Dr. Kinsley Hubel, Associate Program Director CCM
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road
Mail Code UHN67
Portland, Oregon 97239-3098