CF Patient Advisory Council (CFAC)
Patient and family involvement in a CF care center is needed to make sure that healthcare is truly meeting the needs, priorities, goals, and values of people living with CF and their families. In order to truly deliver patient- and family-centered care, the viewpoint of people living with CF and their families must be included into the work of the CF center. We here at the Adult CF Center at OHSU believe that a strong partnership between patients, families and the CF team is very important if we are to reach the best outcomes for our patients living with CF. We are now in the process of recruiting new members to the CFAC.
We are looking for people who are:
- Interested in serving as advisors to the OHSU Adult CF Care Team;
- Comfortable with speaking openly and honestly in a group;
- Able to use their personal experience constructively;
- Able to see beyond their own experience;
- Concerned about more than one issue or agenda;
- Able to listen and hear differing opinions;
- Representative of patients and families served by the clinic/hospital/unit.
Please let a CF team member know if you are interested in this opportunity. They will pass your name and contact information to the Council. Alternatively, you may e-mail your interest to OHSUCFAC@gmail.com.