Anyone with an interest in healthcare related careers and seeking exposure in a clinical environment such as working with physicians, residents, and one-on-one patient interaction should apply. It is extremely important for individuals considering healthcare related fields to obtain an accurate picture of what various careers might be like for them as a practicing member of those professions. In addition to gaining clinical knowledge and exposure, pre-health students also increase their likelihood of matriculating into professional schools. Numerous studies have shown that students who participate in research programs like CRISP have a higher medical school acceptance rate (despite a slightly lower GPA) when they compared study data with AAMC data.
What We Offer
- Clinical research skills
- One-on-one patient interaction opportunities
- Clinical skills and knowledge spanning emergency care
- Shadowing opportunities
- Letter of recommendation for professional schools
- Discounts on exam preparation materials
- Career counseling
- Professional networking opportunities
- Student growth
What we are looking for
- Pre-health students who can commit to the program for one year
- GPA 2.8 and higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pre-health students who are highly motivated and detailed-oriented
- Pre-health students who have an interest in research
- Pre-health students who have open availability for the program
Please read the following information carefully as it contains specific information regarding the CRISP onboarding process. We accept new applications ONLY at specific times throughout the year. Before you can apply, you must attend the CRISP Information Session in person.
The schedule for the CRISP Information Session 2018-2019 is as follows:
- Applying for Winter 2018: Monday September 3rd, 2018 from 12-1pm (RSVP between now and August 31st, 2018).
- Applying for Spring 2019: Monday November 26th, 2018 from 11am-12pm (RSVP between September 4th, 2018 and November 19th, 2018)
- Applying for Summer 2019: Monday March 4th, 2019 from 12pm-1pm (RSVP between November 20th, 2018 and February 25th, 2019)
- Applying for Fall 2019: Tuesday May 28th, 2019 from 9am-10am (RSVP between March 5th, 2019 and May 21st, 2019)
To RSVP for a CRISP Information Session, please fill out the RSVP CRISP Information Session Form below for the information session you are applying for only during the specified window. Once we receive your RSVP, we will contact you when the RSVP window closes with further details regarding the location and any application materials that you may need to bring to the information session.