Anyone with an interest in healthcare related careers and seeking exposure in a clinical environment such as working with physicians, residents, and one-on-one patient interaction should apply. It is extremely important for individuals considering healthcare related fields to obtain an accurate picture of what various careers might be like for them as a practicing member of those professions. In addition to gaining clinical knowledge and exposure, pre-health students also increase their likelihood of matriculating into professional schools. Numerous studies have shown that students who participate in research programs like CRISP have a higher medical school acceptance rate (despite a slightly lower GPA) when they compared study data with AAMC data.
What We Offer
- Clinical research skills
- One-on-one patient interaction opportunities
- Shadowing opportunities
- Letter of recommendation for professional schools
- Career counseling
- Professional networking opportunities
- Student growth
What we are looking for
- Pre-health students who can commit to the program for one year
- GPA 2.8 and higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pre-health students who are highly motivated and detailed-oriented
- Pre-health students who have an interest in research
- Pre-health students who have open availability for the program
Please read the following information carefully as it contains specific information regarding the CRISP onboarding process. We accept new applications ONLY at specific times throughout the year. Before you can apply, you must attend the CRISP Information Session in person.
The schedule for the CRISP Information Session 2019-2020 is as follows:
- Applying for Fall 2020: Monday May 25th, 2020 from 11am-12pm
To RSVP for a CRISP Information Session, please fill out the RSVP CRISP Information Session Form below for the information session you are applying for only during the specified window. Once we receive your RSVP, we will contact you when the RSVP window closes with further details regarding the location and any application materials that you may need to bring to the information session.