Welcome to Community Dentistry
The vision of the Department is to
- Provide a contemporary and high-quality Community Dentistry education to pre-doc and post-doc students;
- Build collaborative relationships with other Public Health units within and outside OHSU for research and development.
- Pursue opportunities to address oral health and disparities in practice;
- Explore models of dental care integration and delivery;
- Be the resource for oral health policy and research for the region.
We are in the process of building up our departmental capacity to address these issues and are excited to pursue a range of opportunities with collaborators from across the State. We will record our progress here in due course, so please check back with us.
Community Dentistry Department
2730 S.W. Moody Avenue
Portland, OR 97201-5042
For patient care appointments contact:
Student Patient Assistance Program
Student outreach program objective:
The Student Patient Assistance Program (SPAP) is a student founded and managed club working to change the way underserved populations interact with the world by empowering patients to manage their own health through direct dental health promotion.
History of program:
Started in 2013 by two students who recognized populations that were underserved.