Locations and contactI see patients at
Address1500 N.W. Bethany BoulevardBeaverton, Oregon 97006
Dr. Maria Xiang specializes in caring for children with neurologic problems and has advanced training in neuroinflammatory disorders such as multiple sclerosis, myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody-associated disease (MOGAD), Devic disease (neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD)) and autoimmune encephalitis.
Dr. Xiang loves to learn from her patients, who have greatly inspired her research interests in encephalitis and MOGAD. She believes healing is more than just the absence of disease and is passionate about building sustainable work cultures that support a healthy and meaningful life.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time outdoors with her family, including her 1-year-old daughter, as well as reading, writing, sharing adventures with friends and connecting with her family’s Native American community.
Education and training
- M.D., 2015, University of Michigan Medical School
- B.S.E., 2010, Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Pediatrics, Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak, Michigan, 2017
- Child Neurology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 2020
- Pediatric MS/Neuroimmunology Fellow, Oregon Health and Science University, 2021
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 2020
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.