Locations and contactI see patients at
Address3303 S. Bond AvenuePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Terry Shih is an assistant professor of surgery in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the OHSU School of Medicine.
Dr. Shih earned his M.D. degree from the University of Michigan Medical School and Master of Science degree from the University of Michigan Rackham Graduate School. He completed a residency in general surgery at the University of Michigan and completed a health services research fellowship and a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery, both also at the University of Michigan.
Education and training
- A.B., 2004, Harvard University
- M.D., 2009, University of Michigan Medical School
- M.S., 2014, University of Michigan Rackham Graduate School
- General Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2016
- Health Services Research Fellowship, University of Michigan Medical School, 2014
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, 2018
- American Board of Surgery, 2016
Memberships and associations:
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Surgical Outcomes Club
- Association for Academic Surgery
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.