Dr. Kumar is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. He received his clinical training in cardiology at the University of Hawaii and cardiac imaging at Oregon Health and Science University. Being a musician, he was drawn towards interventional cardiology (catheter-based treatment of heart diseases) because of the artistic nature of the treatment and completed his training at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. His experiences over the years have fostered a love for medicine, innovation, and humanity.
In his free time, Dr. Kumar enjoys camping, hiking and dancing. He also loves riding motorcycles and one day wants to travel the world, seeing patients along the way.
- M.D., 2011, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Internal Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 2016
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2017
- Cardiovascular Disease, University of Hawai'i, Honolulu, HI, 2020
- Interventional Cardiology, Mount Sinai Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2021
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2016
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2020
Memberships and associations
- American College of Cardiology
- Alpha Omega Alpha