Dr. Phillip Letourneau moved to Oregon for a fellowship in Surgical Critical Care in 2014, and met his wife here shortly thereafter. He grew up in Minnesota and New Orleans, but loves the Pacific Northwest, and enjoys fishing, hiking, skiing, rafting, golf and cooking.
The choice to become a surgeon has been a rewarding one for Dr. Letourneau, who was drawn to become a surgeon through the aspect of caring for people at their greatest time of need. His surgical interests include benign biliary disease, complex hernia surgery and anti-reflux surgery.
- B.A., 2003, Emory University
- M.D., 2007, Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- General Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2007-2008
- General Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2008-2009; 2011-2014
- Surgical Critical Care, OHSU, 2014-2015
- Trauma Research, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2009-2011