Locations and contactI see patients at
Address3161 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Blaine is a trauma anesthesiologist. Originally from The Dalles area and a graduate of the University of Oregon, he attended medical school at the innovative clinician-investigator training program at the Cleveland Clinic. While there, he obtained a Masters of Public Health, with a major in clinical trial design and implementation, and completed research investigating the anti-inflammatory effect of mineralocorticoids on vascular endothelium. After residency, he trained in critical care medicine in Baltimore at the Shock/Trauma Center and in Washington, DC, at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center. He stayed at NIH for a second fellowship in blood management research, before relocating to the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, where he practiced trauma anesthesiology and ECMO intensive care. He was recruited to OHSU in 2019. His research interests include the molecular mechanisms of traumatic coagulopathy and innovative perioperative coagulation lab testing. Dr. Blaine is a member of the Trauma Anesthesiology Society and the co-host of the Society's bi-monthly podcast.
Education and training
- M.P.H., 2010, Case Western Reserve University
- M.D., 2010, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Anesthesiology, Stanford University Medical Center
- Critical Care Medicine, University of Maryland/National Institutes of Health Consortium
- Post-doctoral Research Fellowship, Patient Blood Management, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
- Basic Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Primary Certification
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Critical Care Medicine Subspecialty Certification
Memberships and associations:
- Committee on Trauma and Emergency Preparedness, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Committee on Patient Blood Management, American Society of Anesthesiologists
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.