Dr. Evered is a neonatologist, specializing in caring for premature and critically ill newborns. He is the medical director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at PeaceHealth Southwest Washington in Vancouver, affiliated with OHSU. He practiced until 2014 in Bend, Oregon, where he was the NICU medical director at St. Charles Medical Center. He founded the NICU Follow-Up Clinic in Bend and has a strong interest in the long-term outcome of NICU graduates. He is also working to bring novel developmental tools into the NICU, including music and language therapy.
In his spare time, he loves spending time with his wife and two daughters, biking, running, telemark and skate skiing, singing in a Portland a cappella choir with his family, and learning to play guitar, harmonica and mandolin.
Education and training
- M.D., 1996, Tulane School of Medicine
- Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, 1999
- Neonatology, Oregon Health & Science University, 2008
- American Board of Pediatrics: General Pediatrics, 1999; Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 2012
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association, Oregon Medical Association, Oregon Pediatric Society
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.