Locations and contactI see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Carter specializes in caring for children diagnosed with cancer or blood disorders. He also is interested in preventing and treating the infectious complications of children hospitalized with these conditions. He spends his spare time with his family, perfecting his BBQ technique, and exploring the Portland area.
Education and training
- Ph.D., 2008, Northwestern University
- M.D., 2008, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Pediatrics, Duke University, Durham NC, 2011
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle, WA 2014
- General Pediatrics - American Board of Pediatrics, 2013
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, American Board of Pediatrics, 2015
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.