Primary Care for Seniors
Make your next appointment
At OHSU, we offer primary care that adjusts to your needs as you age. You’ll find:
- A team with expertise in geriatrics and healthy aging.
- Twelve locations, for convenient access near you.
- Same-day appointments with your primary care team, and 24/7 advice by phone.
- Care that meets OHSU’s high standards, no matter your location.
- Providers who coordinate with your caregivers, specialists, pharmacists and others.
- Clinics with family medicine providers who see patients of all ages, so your whole family can receive care in the same place. Or, if you prefer, locations with internal medicine doctors who focus on geriatrics.
- Access to OHSU’s leading-edge resources and specialists when needed.
- Providers who accept most insurance.
- Clinics that are certified medical homes.
Patients we treat
We provide primary care with a focus on adults ages 80 and older. Our team has specific training in care for seniors, so we can manage all of the health concerns that arise as you age. Your provider will help you access the services you need, when you need them.
- A team that works together and builds a lasting relationship with you, your family and your caregivers.
- Seamless referrals to OHSU specialists when you need them.
- Immediate care in person or online if your primary care team is not available.
- Care delivered with respect to your cultural background and in your preferred language.
Our primary care team provides age-friendly health care for older adults. Our providers also can draw on the expertise of OHSU’s geriatric specialists for consultations and treatment planning.
Our team offers care to help you maintain your health and meet your goals. We’re your first stop for checkups, screenings, minor illnesses and injuries, managing chronic illnesses and caring for conditions such as dementia.
When you need to see a different provider or go the emergency room, we’ll review your records and follow up.
Our team can help you:
- Develop a plan to maintain or improve mobility.
- Prevent, identify and manage dementia and related geriatric syndromes.
- Make sure your medications support your well-being and do not contribute to falls, dementia or other health concerns.
- Prioritize your personal goals as you grow older, and ensure that your wishes are followed for end-of-life care.
Our providers are up to date on the latest treatments. You can see us for:
- Periodic exams and preventive screenings
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Diagnosis and treatment of new symptoms
- Minor in-office procedures
- Care and management of conditions, injuries or illnesses
- Assessments of your physical and mental health to support healthy aging
- Treatment for anxiety, depression, dementia and other mental health issues
- Managing your medication
- Maximizing or maintaining function and independence
Our clinics also offer primary care for your extended family. We can see:
- Babies and children
- Adults, including for women’s health and pregnancy care
You’ll find the same outstanding care on our campuses and at an OHSU clinic near you.
- OHSU is a national leader in geriatric care. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks us among the top 50 geriatrics programs in the country.
- Our relationship-based approach means your team knows you well. We put a high priority on your needs while upholding the high standards of Oregon’s only academic health center.
- Your primary care provider is the leader of your care team. All of our team leaders have met the rigorous criteria required for their specialties.
- Our providers are also faculty members in the OHSU School of Medicine. As academics and researchers, they are committed to bringing the latest breakthroughs to their patients.