Make your next appointment
At OHSU, we offer child-friendly primary care in a warm, welcoming environment. You’ll find:
- Pediatricians who specialize in care from birth to 18 years. Or if you prefer, family medicine providers who care for all ages.
- A team with advanced training in pediatrics and child development.
- Providers with expertise treating children with special health care needs.
- Same-day appointments with your child’s care team.
- Evening and weekend hours, and 24/7 advice by phone.
- Access to the resources of top-ranked OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital if needed.
- Care that meets OHSU’s high standards, whether you see us on one of our campuses or in your community.
- Providers who accept most types of insurance.
- Clinics that qualify as certified medical homes.
Patients we treat
We provide family-centered primary care for newborns through teens. Our team has deep expertise in pediatrics, so we can match our care to your children’s needs as they grow.
- A team that works together and builds a long-term relationship with your family.
- On-site laboratory, radiology and pharmacy services at our Doernbecher location.
- Access to immediate care in person or online if your child’s care team is not available.
- Pediatric clinics that specialize in patients from birth to 18 years.
- Eight family medicine clinic locations for patients of all ages and stages, if your family wants to get care under one roof.
- Providers with expertise in autism, congenital disorders, and genetic and metabolic conditions.
- Specialists in adolescent medicine.
- Seamless referrals to specialists at Doernbecher, named one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- Care delivered with respect to your cultural background and in your preferred language.
Building a strong relationship with a primary care provider is important at any stage of life. Your primary care team is your child’s first stop for checkups, screenings, and minor illnesses and injuries. When you need specialty care, your PCP coordinates treatment and follow-up care.
Our providers are up to date on the latest treatments, and our clinics offer many in-office procedures.
You can see us for:
- Well-child exams and preventive screenings
- Immunizations and vaccinations (call your clinic to check for extended hours or drop-in appointments)
- Vision screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment of new symptoms
- Care and management of common conditions, injuries or illnesses
- Lactation consultations at our Doernbecher and Bethany Village locations
- Circumcision (newborn male)
- Closure of minor skin wounds
- Removal of foreign objects from the ears, nose or skin
- Management of complex conditions, coordinated by experienced pediatric nurses
- In-office treatment of nebulized medications and IV or injection therapies
- Mental health consultation and recommendations
- Developmental assessments
- Resources and education for parenting concerns
When your child needs to see a specialist or go to the emergency room, our team stays connected to your family. No matter where you seek care, we’ll review your child’s records and follow up with you.
Your child will receive the same outstanding care whether you visit our pediatric primary care providers on one of our campuses or at a clinic near you.
- Our providers are the leaders of your child’s care team. All our team leaders have met the demanding criteria required for their specialties. They also maintain the high standards of Oregon’s only academic health center.
- Our relationship-based approach means your care team stays with your child. We understand your children's needs as they grow, and we coordinate their care with other providers.
- Our doctors, physician assistants and nurses are also faculty in the OHSU School of Medicine. As academics and as practicing providers, they are familiar with the latest research and committed to offering their patients the most advanced treatment options.