At OHSU, many of our family medicine doctors offer continuous primary care as your family grows. You’ll find:
- A team specifically trained to provide pregnancy care as part of your primary care.
- Seven locations, for convenient access near your home or work.
- Support for your individual needs and birth plan.
- Same-day appointments for maternity patients, and 24/7 advice by phone.
- Delivery at OHSU’s Family Birth Center on Marquam Hill or at the Family Birth Center at Tuality, depending on your clinic location.
- Seamless access to OHSU specialists and resources if you need.
- Clinics that see people of all ages. Your family, including your new baby, can receive care in the same place.
- Providers who accept most insurance.
- Clinics that are certified medical homes.
Patients we treat
Our primary care incorporates your pregnancy into your overall health care. Your family medicine doctor will help you access the services you need, when you need them. Your doctor will take you through each trimester, deliver your baby and help you recover after your child is born.
- A team that works together and builds a long-lasting relationship with your family, from before conception to after delivery.
- Support for natural births, vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) and cesarean births.
- On-site lab tests for quick results.
- Access to immediate care in person or online if your provider is not available.
- Referrals to OHSU’s maternal-fetal medicine doctors or other specialists if needed.
- Care delivered with respect to your cultural background and in your preferred language.
Pregnancy and childbirth are major milestones. And a relationship with a primary care provider is important throughout your life, not just during pregnancy.
Your primary care team is your first stop for checkups, screenings, minor illnesses and injuries, and other care to maintain your health.
Our team has broad expertise in family medicine with a special focus on pregnancy. By providing pregnancy care alongside your primary care, we tend to your overall health and well-being. That means we can tailor care to your health needs as your family grows.
You can see us for:
- Counseling and education before, during and after pregnancy
- Prenatal visits
- Ultrasounds to determine your due date
- Options to manage pain throughout pregnancy
- Natural, alternative and traditional pain management for childbirth
- Treatment for postpartum depression, anxiety and other mental health issues
If you need to visit a specialist, see Labor and Delivery or go to the emergency room, we stay connected to your care. Whether you see providers at OHSU or another location, we’ll review your records and follow up.
Some of our clinics also offer primary care for your whole family. We can see:
Our clinics bring the leading-edge pregnancy care you’d expect from Oregon’s only academic health center to your community.
- Our primary care providers are the captains of your care team. All our team leaders have met the rigorous criteria for their specialties.
- Our relationship-based approach means your team knows you well and understands your needs while upholding OHSU’s high standards.