I see patients at
Address3161 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239Enter an address to be localized.
Dr. Hicks has a particular interest in obstetric anesthesiology and was formerly director of obstetric anesthesia here at OHSU. In addition, he served in both the U.S. Navy and U.S. Army for 26 years, retiring in 1997 with the rank of colonel, having commanded the 396th Combat Support Hospital (Reserve) in Vancouver, WA.
Dr. Hicks is an active 50 year pilot with ratings as an airline transport pilot and flight instructor. He resides in Oregon City with his wife, Sally, and together they enjoy cooking (especially Southern barbecue), beermaking, gardening, and travel.
- B.S., 1967, University of Mississippi
- M.D., 1970, University of Mississippi School of Medicine
- M.M.M., 1998, Tulane University
- Anesthesiology, United States Naval Regional Medical Center, San Diego, California, 1974
- Obstetric anesthesiology, University of California San Francisco, 1974
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 1975, recertified 2009
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Anesthesiologists