Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Hinson specializes in caring for patients with life-threatening neurologic emergencies such as stroke, seizures and traumatic brain injury. She has advanced training in intensive care medicine. She finds critically ill patients especially rewarding and challenging. When not caring for critically ill patients, she spends time caring for her French bulldog, Hulot.
- B.A., 2001, Rice University
- M.D., 2005, University of Texas Health Science
- M.C.R., 2016, Oregon Health & Science University
- Intern, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 2006
- Fellow, neurologic critical care, Department of Neurology, anesthesiology and critical care medicine and neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 2011
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 2009
Memberships and associations
- 2004–present American Academy of Neurology, member