Dr. Bagby is retired from his OHSU practice and from his role as founding director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, but remains an active member of the hematology/oncology section at the Portland VA Medical Center. He is experienced in the clinical management of acute leukemia, myelodysplasia and bone marrow failure syndromes and has ongoing funded active research projects in each one of these areas. His specialized research focuses on defining the molecular genetic determinants of leukemogenesis. His long-term goal is to develop pharmaceutical agents that can prevent the development of leukemia in patients at high risk.
- M.D., 1968, Baylor College of Medicine
- Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston; Baylor Affiliated Medical Residency, Houston; Oregon Health & Science University, Portland
- Hematology, Oregon Health & Science University, 1972 hematology, Oregon Health & Science University, 1976
- American Board of Internal Medicine (internal medicine), 1974 American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology), 1976
Memberships and associations
- Master, American College of Physicians Association of American Physicians American Society for Clinical Investigation American Society of Hematology International Society for Experimental Hematology American Association for Cancer Research