I see patients at
Address3303 S. Bond AvenuePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Meyers started her career in the field of fine arts. As an artist, she began working in health care and very soon that was all that she did. She became fascinated with the science of medicine and decided to go to medical school as an older student. Because of her art work she also has an appreciation of the patient experience of health care and how difficult the journey through the health care systems can be for patients and families.
The disease that she ultimately devoted her career to is that of advanced heart failure. Dr. Meyers has been working in this field for over 20 years and she is dedicated to smoothing the patient journey with a combination of medical management, and when illness progresses beyond what medical management is able to offer, to then go on to other advanced heart failure therapies including mechanical support and the gift of transplantation.
The practice of advanced heart failure medicine is an art as well as a science. Treatment of heart failure is highly individualized and her interest is in finding a combination of therapies that works for the individual patient. Heart Failure Medicine is a team effort and she feels lucky to be a part of a team at OHSU that specializes in all levels and aspects of heart failure care.
- B.A., 1977, Washington University
- B.F.A., 1982, Art Center College of Design
- M.D., 1993, University of California San Francisco Medical School
- Internal Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 1995
- Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis Missouri, 1996
- Cardiology Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine 2000
- Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, University of Queensland, Brisbane Australia 2001
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiology
- Royal College of Australasian College of Physicians, Heart Failure and Transplantation Cardiology
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Physicians
Memberships and associations
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Heart Failure Society of America
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Transplant Society Australia & New Zealand
- Cardiac Society Australia and New Zealand