2022 - 2023 academic year
Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
OHSU provides a stipend that helps cover insurance.
The Department of Orthopaedics has a fund supported by alumni donations that provides loupes for all residents at the beginning of the R2 year.
OHSU provides approximately $200 per month that residents can use to purchase meals during OHSU rotations. Residents are given meal cards to cover their expenses on rotations at Legacy Emanuel Hospital and the VA Medical Center. On-call meals at the Shriner’s Hospital are free.
- Excellent clinical education
- Early operating room experience
- Great one-on-one learning environment
- Great camaraderie among residents and family support network
- Very good fellowship placement
- Good research opportunities in both clinical trials and basic science
- Fun, active lifestyle outside of the residency
- Portland is a great place to live.