Facts about our program
- The Pediatric BMT Program at Doernbecher Children's Hospital is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapyand the National Marrow Donor Program.
- Our program performs BMT and cellular therapies to treat a variety of cancer and nonmalignant disorders such as bone marrow failure, immunodeficiencies and blood diseases.
- We have been recognized at the national level for having outstanding outcomes, and have received recognition from the National Marrow Donor Program and the U.S. News and World Report as one of the top programs in the U.S.
- We are a dedicated team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses and healthcare staff specialized in caring for children undergoing bone marrow transplant and other forms of cellular therapy.
- Our goal is to provide the best outcomes and experience for children and adolescents undergoing bone marrow transplant and cellular therapies.
Services we provide
- Consultation for new patients and second opinions, including telemedicine
- HLA-typing and donor search consults
- Bone marrow harvest and stem cell collections
- Transplant of marrow, cord blood and stem cells from related and unrelated donors.
- Cellular therapy and immunotherapy. We are a certified treatment center for the novel chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) therapy used to treat certain patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Comprehensive graft-versus-host disease clinic
- Long-term follow-up clinic
- Participation in a variety of clinical trials for BMT and cellular therapies
You can expect:
- The most advanced treatments and procedures
- A large network of the nationally recognized experts in every pediatric specialty
- State-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient facilities dedicated to specialized care for children and adolescents
- Support professionals including pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers, child life specialists, teachers and pastoral care.
- Family-centered care
- Housing support for patients living outside the Portland-metro area
Our medical team
Transplant and donor search coordinator
- Allison Franco, R.N.
Schedule an appointment
700 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, Oregon 97239