The doctors and nurses who staff our Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit provide advanced care around the clock. Our providers are experts in caring for patients with critical brain and nervous system conditions. You’ll find:
- A large team with national recognition for excellent neurocritical care, including in stroke, neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology.
- Neurocritical-care doctors and advanced practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) on duty 24/7.
- A highly experienced team for stopping a type of stroke (bleeding in the brain) called subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Lead advanced practice provider
Advanced practice providers
- Nurse manager: Michael Whitaker, B.S.N., RN, CNRN
- Assistant nurse manager: Kirk Cowan, B.S.N., RN, CCRN
- Specialties practice leader: Lorin Daniels, B.S.N., RN, CNRN
Learn about the treatments and services at the OHSU Brain Institute.
Transfer your patient
Call 503-494-7000 to arrange an emergency transfer or to seek provider-to-provider advice.