The Brain Research Awareness and Information Network (BRAINet) is the volunteer outreach organization of the OHSU Brain Institute (OBI). BRAINet's mission is to foster awareness and support for OBI and for neuroscience research by educating the public and engaging in community interaction.
BRAINet Membership Benefits
BRAINet provides you the opportunity to connect with and promote neuroscience. Here are just a few examples of the benefits of joining our membership:
- Attend the monthly BRAINet lecture luncheons at the member rate to hear fascinating presentations by faculty members of OHSU, and engage in stimulating conversation with other BRAINet members during the luncheon.
- Volunteer at Brain Awareness lectures and numerous other public and by-invitation-only events.
- Attend the BRAINet Annual Meeting and vote in elections of Officers and the Board. Further engage as a member up for election in a leadership position.
- Volunteer at the Brain Library at the Center for Health & Healing to help patients and their families find information on neurology-related diseases and disorders.
- Receive early invitations to public and members-only OBI and OHSU events and tours.
- Connect with advocacy groups for brain diseases, and help them access the resources of the OBI.
- Meet renowned national and international neuroscientists while learning about the latest research among enjoyable and bright peers.
- Make a difference while having fun! As a BRAINet member, your donation of time or treasure is held in special regard.
Become a BRAINet Member
You can play an important part in generating enthusiasm for brain research and, most importantly, in making vital connections within the community.
Membership is for the fiscal year (July-June). To join via credit card, use this online portal.
A subsidized membership fee is available to new members who join half-way through the year. Contact Kate Stout for a promo code.
You can also mail a check or money order made out to "OHSU Foundation" with your complete contact information (including email) to:
Attn: Kate Stout
OHSU Brain Institute
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road, MC CR120
Portland, OR 97239
You will receive a confirmation email and an update on current activities upon receipt. Amounts given above $25 are considered a gift to OHSU Foundation and are tax-deductible.
|BRAINet Membership Levels|
The BRAINet's Synapse monthly e-newsletter is an opportunity for you to stay in touch with BRAINet. We provide information about our monthly lecture luncheons, special event invitations for members, an update on OHSU neuroscience in the news, and other timely announcements. Please use the form below to sign up for this e-newsletter: