2018 Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Symposium
Sports medicine updates for the physical therapist
Join us for the 4th Annual Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Symposium on Saturday, April 21st. This one-day continuing education seminar is presented by OHSU Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. This year's focus is on lower extremity and pediatric sports medicine concepts.
The Pediatric Patient: Sports Injury Patterns
–Jim Chesnutt, M.D.
Pediatric Sports Specialization: What's the Harm?
–Carol S. Federiuk, M.D., Ph.D.
Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
–Sean Robinson, M.D.
Physical Therapy Techniques for the Arthritic Athletic Hip
–Tony Rocklin, D.P.T.
Pearls from the Arthroplasty Surgeon to the PT Team
–Kathryn Schabel, M.D.
Using IASTM in the Movement Science Model; The Missing Link of the Connective Tissue System
–Christopher DaPrato, D.P.T., S.C.S., C.S.C.S.
Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Discussion
–Sanatan Golden, P.T.
Implementing Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) into Practice
–Rachel Cohen-Hebert, P.T., D.P.T., O.C.S.; Mollie Suits, P.T., M.P.T.; Janelle Trempe, P.T., A.T.C.
Rehabilitation for Hip Arthroscopy and Femoracetabular Impingement
- Glut weakness causes increased anterior hip force
- Emg lung impairment with labral tear
- Hip joint biomechanics w/wo FAI
- Hip weakness in FAI - Philippon
- Pelvic tilt matters
- Philippon consideration of the psoas
- PT or no PT after hip arthroscopy
- Squats with CAM FAI computer approx of forces
- Ant hip force increases with hip ext.
–Andrea Herzka, M.D.
Proximal Hamstring Management: Regenerative Therapies
–Ryan Petering, M.D.
|8:00-8:30||Pediatric Sports Injury Patterns||James Chesnutt, M.D.|
|8:30-9:15||Pediatric Sports Specialization - Is There Harm?
||Carol Federiuk, M.D., Ph.D.|
||Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome||Sean Robinson, M.D.|
||Physical Therapy Techniques for the Arthritic Athletic Hip||Tony Rocklin, D.P.T.|
||Pearls from the Arthroplasty Surgeon to the PT Team||Kathryn Schabel, M.D.|
||Using IASTM in the Movement Science Model; The Missing Link of the Connective Tissue System||Christopher DaPrato, D.P.T., S.C.S., C.S.C.S.
||Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Discussion||Sanatan Golden, P.T.|
||Implementing Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) into Practice||Sanatan Golden, P.T.; Janelle Trempe, P.T., A.T.C.; Mollie Suits, P.T., M.P.T.; Rachel Cohen-Hebert, P.T., D.P.T., O.C.S.
||Femoracetabular Impingement: Keys to Recovery Post Operatively, Rehab Goals||Andrea Herzka, M.D.|
||Proximal Hamstring Management: Regenerative Therapies||Ryan Petering, M.D.|
- Understand pediatric sports injury patterns
- Understand how pediatric sports specialization can cause harm
- Understand chronic exertional compartment syndrome and learn therapy techniques to treat it
- Learn physical therapy techniques for the arthritic athletic hip
- Gain information and perspective from the arthroplasty surgeon
- Gain an understanding of manual therapy techniques and neuromuscular retraining
- Understand Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) and how it is used in therapy
- Understand femoracetabular impingement, keys to recovery post-operatively and rehabilitation goals
- Learn regenerative therapies for proximal hamstring management
A certificate of attendance for 7.5 hours of education will be provided to all attendees. The credit may be provided to the appropriate reporting board as proof of participation.
Category D credit for non-approved provider for Athletic Trainers
Before March 31:
$120 (includes breakfast and lunch)
After March 31:
$150 (includes breakfast and lunch)
You may cancel your registration by April 13, 2018 for a 100% refund. After that, no refunds will be given. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help in getting a refund for your registration.
Free parking for attendees is available at the OHSU Schnitzer Parking Lot located at 2200 S.W. Moody Ave. For driving directions, please see the map.
The Residence Inn Portland Downtown/RiverPlace is offering a special group rate for attendees of the 2018 OHSU PT Sports Medicine Symposium.
Start date: 4/20/18
End date: 4/22/18
Last day to book: 4/6/18
Marriot Hotels offering your special group rate:
- Residence Inn Portland Downtown/RiverPlace for $169 USD per night