The Department of Restorative Dentistry provides a large proportion of the predoctoral and graduate teaching of the dental school, and maintains a high level of scholarly activity in dental and educational research. Read about us
OHSU Alumni Honors
At the annual OHSU School of Dentistry Alumni Lunch in April, three of our faculty were honored by the Alumni Association Board. Beata Cymorek was given the title Honorary Alumnus. Mike Taylor was honored with the Legacy Award. Tobie Jones was honored with the Early Career Achievement Award.
Dr. Eric Moore wins SDAA Faculty Award!
The School of Dentistry Alumni Association (SDAA) has announced that Dr. Eric Moore has been selected by the student body as the recipient of the 2018 Faculty Award. The award recognizes an outstanding faculty member for his or her strong ability to help students develop clinical skills and professional relationships with peers, faculty and patients.
News and Announcements
Congratulations to our outstanding faculty for their great accomplishments in the 2017-18 Academic Year!
- ADEA/AAL Faculty of Color Tuition Scholarships for Professional Development: 2017 ADEA Leadership Institute Phase V Leadership Development Tuition scholarship –ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders.
- Newly elected President of the Oregon Board of Dentistry
- Helped develop a process to engineer artificial blood vessels which are used to generate teeth, possibly changing the way root canal treatments will be done in the future. Study published in the journal Scientific Reports.
- Dr. Beata Cymorek was awarded with the title of Honorary Alumnus at the April 2018 OHSU School of Dentistry Alumni Lunch.
- During a state meeting in October, Ms. Kim Doyle was sworn in as one of the four members of the Board of the Oregon Association of Dental Laboratories. She will serve as Education chair and the term is for the 2018 year.
- Completed term as President of the American Association for Dental Research
- Honored with the Early Career Achievement Award at the OHSU School of Dentistry Alumni Lunch held April 7, 2018.
- Completed term as President of American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Recipient of the School of Dentistry Alumni Association (SDAA) 2018 Faculty Award.
- Appointed to the Alumni Association Board
- Dr. Dennis Nicola was recently selected as President-elect of the Multnomah Dental Society for 2018-19. Dr. Nicola has served on the Board of MDS since 2016. Congratulations and thank you for your service Dr. Nicola!
- Carmem Pfeifer was selected as the winner of the
2018 WAM Discovery Award for Women in Science and will receive the award on
Tuesday January 30, 2018.
- The IADR Dental Materials Group election ended October 31, 2017. Carmem S. Pfeifer was elected as Vice President. Her term will begin at the conclusion of the 2018 IADR/PER General Session and Exhibition in London, England, UK (July 25-28, 2018).
- Recipient of Fellowship in the International College of Dentists. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only. The Fellowship is awarded to dentists who have demonstrated, "outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of humankind."
- Named as a member of the American Dental Association's Council on
- Honored with the Legacy Award at the April 2018 OHSU School of Dentistry Alumni Lunch.