News and announcements
Congratulations to our outstanding faculty for their great accomplishments!
- Helped develop a process to engineer artificial blood vessels which are used to generate teeth, possibly changing the way root canal treatments will be done in the future. Study published in the journal Scientific Reports.
- Awarded funding by Biomedical Innovation Program to facilitate the development of innovative drug discovery technologies at OHSU and accelerate their translation to the marketplace.
Ana Paula Fugolin
- Ana Paula Piovezan Fugolin, D.D.S., Ph.D., is highlighted as one of the “faces of dental research” by the American Association of Dental Research.
- Dr. Kreth was awarded two grants:
Project Title: Streptococcal secretion of pyruvate – a novel antioxidant strategy in the oral biofilm
PI: Jens Kreth
Effort: 25% (3 Calendar Months)
Funding Agency: NIH
Grant Number: 1R21DE029612
Project Dates: September 2020 – August 2022
Project Title: Pyruvate oxidase: a molecular determinant of commensalism among the oral microbiome
PI: Jens Kreth
Effort: 25% (3 Calendar Months); Funding Agency: NIH
Grant Number: R01DE029492
Project Dates: April 2020 – March 2025
- Appointed member of the Oral Dental and Craniofacial Sciences (ODCS) study section at the NIH. This is the study section that reviews all of the dental R01 and R21 grants for the NIH. Term runs through 2023.
- Guest presenter at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Lecture entitled: "From stimulus to response: How Streptotoccus mutans coordinates environmental stress perception with structural remodeling of extant biofilms."
- Appointed to the Alumni Association Board