Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Sandy Fang is a colorectal surgeon who joined us from Johns Hopkins University where she was the Director of the High Resolution Anoscopy Clinic, Surgical Director for the Anal Cancer Center of Excellence, and the Director of Surgery Apprenticeship Program. She completed her Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and her surgical residency at the University of Iowa.
- B.A., 1999, Washington University
- M.D., 2005, University of Iowa-Carver College of Medicine
- General Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 2005-2006
- General Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 2006-2007, 2008-2011
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 2007-2008
- Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, 2011-2012
- American Board of Surgery, 2011
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2013
Memberships and associations
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- International College of Surgeons
- International Anal Neoplasia Society