Dr. Hornick specializes in the set of skin problems that are unique to patients undergoing the treatment of cancers. His goal is to help patients and their oncologists anticipate, manage, and minimize the impact of these common problems during cancer therapy. In the laboratory, Dr. Hornick investigates the ways in which these medication reactions are related to other common skin diseases, which he believes will help inform the treatment of both.
In his spare time, Dr. Hornick enjoys spending time with his wife and two cats, exploring the Pacific Northwest, playing and listening to music, and spending time outside doing whatever activity the weather is encouraging.
Education and training
- M.D., 2017, Oregon Health and Science University
- Ph.D., 2015, Oregon Health and Science University
- Dermatology, Yale University, 2021
- Dermatology Research Fellowship, Yale University, 2022
- American Board of Dermatology, 2021
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Oregon Dermatology Society
- Society for the Immunotherapy of Cancer
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.