Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Erin Foster is a medical dermatologist with a special interest in complex skin disorders such as autoimmune blistering diseases, oral and vulvar dermatology. Dr. Foster also sees patients for cosmetic dermatology and treats general dermatologic conditions such as acne and skin cancer checks.
Dr. Foster believes that her patients know more than she does about their skin, because they see it every day. She approaches clinical care with the goal of developing relationships based on mutual trust and working together toward health. Her research focuses on shared decision making with patients and the immunological basis of skin disease.
When she’s not working, Dr. Foster is hiking, biking, reading fiction, baking, or playing with her kids. A native Texan, she loves Portland summers and Mt. Hood winters. She feels lucky every day to live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
- Ph.D., 2010, Oregon Health & Science University
- M.D., 2016, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Dermatology, Oregon Health & Science University
- American Board of Dermatology, 2020
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Medical Dermatology Society
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- International Pemphigus & Pemphigoid Foundation
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Oregon Dermatology Society
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease