Dear OHSU postdoctoral scholars,
OHSU is Oregon's only public academic health center and includes a system of hospitals and clinics across Oregon and southwest Washington. Together, everyone at OHSU is working toward the cause of bringing health and hope to all.
The work of postdoctoral scholars is both rewarding and intense. It is easy to become so focused on research and lab activities that connecting with colleagues, engaging in professional development, and practicing self-care may be difficult. This is the reason why the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is delighted to help postdocs thrive holistically!
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports OHSU postdoctoral scholars by:
- Assisting with the transition and onboarding of postdocs through orientations and online resources
- Keeping postdocs aware of relevant professional development events
- Offering travel award opportunities
- Supporting faculty in their role as postdoctoral mentors
- Working to build community among postdoctoral scholars
- Celebrating the work, accomplishments, and successes of postdocs
- Advocating for postdoctoral scholars across the university and in the local community
- Helping prepare postdocs for the next steps in their career
Please let the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs know how we can make your experience as rewarding and productive as possible.
Best wishes for a wonderful postdoctoral experience at OHSU!
Kimbree Brown, PhD