The mission of OHSU's Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is to support the career development of all OHSU postdoctoral scholars from arrival to departure. In doing so, the office strengthens the research training for all postdoctoral scholars, ensures a consistent and superior postdoctoral experience, and prepares postdoctoral scholars for any professional endeavor they wish to pursue.
Postdoctoral training objectives
Postdoctoral training at OHSU is framed on the National Postdoctoral Association's Core Competencies. By the end of the mentored training period, a postdoctoral scholar will:
- Possess a broad base of established and evolving discipline- and research-specific knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate effective professional and interpersonal communication skills that allow for interaction with colleagues at all levels;
- Adhere to and reflect professionalism standards and practices within the workplace, institution, and discipline;
- Possess the skills and techniques needed to facilitate effective mentorship, leadership, and management of projects and people;
- Receive training in the responsible conduct of research to improve the ability to make ethical and legal choices; and
- Articulate a plan to pursue a career path of his or her choosing.
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Oregon Health and Science University
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239
Office: Baird Hall 1027
Mail Code: L335