COVID-19 Update: The ETC has resumed limited research activities. Sample processing will be delayed.
The Endocrine Technologies Core (ETC) provides essential endocrine assay services and specialized expertise to investigators in order to advance a wide array of research in a number of species, with a focus on nonhuman primates (NHP).
The ETC provides the following routine services to both intra- and extramural scientists:
- Immunochemiluminescence assays using a Roche cobas e411 automated clinical platform for measurement of hormones in NHP and humans
- Commercial enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) and radioimmunoassays (RIA)
- Multiplex assays on a Luminex platform using antibody-coated beads for protein and cytokine/chemokine analysis
- Liquid chromatography-tandem triple quadrupole mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) using a Shimadzu Nexera-LCMS-8050
- Traditional RIA for gonadotropins
- Extraction and/or liquid chromatography RIA for steroid hormones
The Endocrine Technologies Core (ETC) at the Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC) has been providing analysis of protein and steroid content in blood to intra- and extramural investigators for over 40 years. Our sample sources include academic institutions, zoos, and veterinary clinics, as well as pharmaceutical, biotech, and translational research companies.
Principal support functions include routine assays for most naturally occurring steroid and protein hormones involved in the regulation of reproduction, metabolism, and the central nervous system. We also develop, validate, and optimize new assays when requested by investigators.