Primate Genetics Core
The Primate Genetics Core supports both investigators and colony genetic management needs by providing a range of macaque-specific genotyping assays and NHP DNA Bank distribution services.
Key focus areas are:
- Rhesus macaque SNP genotyping to validate parentage assignment
- Rhesus macaque SNP–based ancestry testing to distinguish Indian-origin and Chinese-origin macaques
- Rhesus macaque MHC expressed-allele analysis and SSP-based Class I allele analysis
- Macaque Genotyping-by-Sequencing library construction
- Custom allele-specific Genotyping Services
- ONPRC NHP DNA Bank management and sample distribution
The Primate Genetics Core is located at the Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC), Oregon Health & Science University's (OHSU) West Campus. The mission of the Primate Genetics Core is to provide essential DNA and RNA-based genotyping services to meet the needs of both research and colony genetic management goals.