At Doernbecher, we will support your family as well as treat your child's GI condition. Our pediatric gastroenterology team will make sure you find the services and resources you need.
On this page, you can find:
- Links to information and resources about GI conditions
- Nutrition guides tailored to common dietary needs
- A list of Doernbecher programs and services for patients and families
Learn more about the most common GI symptoms in children and when to see a doctor:
Information and resources about GI conditions
- NIH National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: Celiac disease symptoms, causes, treatments and more
- Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE): Information, advocacy and support for people living with food allergies
- National Celiac Association: Links to support group information, including local and virtual chapters
- Raising Our Celiac Kids (ROCK): Education and advocacy for children with celiac disease
- The Celiac Disease Foundation: An overview of celiac disease
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation offers many resources, including:
- NiMBAL (Nutrition in Immune Balance): Information about using diet to treat IBD
- You and IBD: An animated patient's guide to IBD.
- Coping with Crohn’s and Colitis: a self-help guide for teens and young adults
- Improve Care Now: patient advocacy and a toolkit for the transition to adult care
- Children and functional GI problems: an overview from the Canadian Society of Intestinal Research
- Pediatric and adolescent functional GI disorders: an overview from the American College of Gastroenterology
- Strategies for treating abdominal pain: tips from the Doernbecher GI team
- The brain-gut connection, explained: learn about functional abdominal pain
- American Liver Foundation
- Children’s Liver Association for Support Services
- Children's Liver Disease Foundation: A nutrition guide for children with liver disease
- The Childhood Liver Disease Research Network (ChiLDReN)
Doernbecher nutrition guides
- Diarrhea nutritional therapy
- Dietary tips to help with abdominal pain
- High calorie snacks and recipes
- High calorie egg- and dairy-free ideas
- High calorie food additions for dairy, soy and nut-free diets
- High calorie food additions for gluten-free and dairy free diets
- Ideas to increase calories in your toddler’s diet
- Lactose-controlled food list
- Low-fiber nutrition therapy
- Milk-avoidance nutrition therapy
- Nutrition therapy for kids with multiple food allergies
- Soy-avoidance nutrition therapy
- Tips for increasing calories in your child’s diet
Rood Family Pavilion: A home away from home for families who need to travel to Doernbecher for medical care.
Doernbecher amenities: We want your visit to Doernbecher to be comfortable and welcoming. Learn about our family lounges, play areas, resource center and more.
Child life specialists: Our specialists offer support to all the children in your family, not just patients.
Animal-assisted therapy: Our certified therapy dogs provide comfort to kids who need to stay in the hospital.
Social workers: Emotional and social support is available for your child and family. We can connect you to financial resources, transportation, housing and more.
Hospital school program: Professional teachers keep children learning while they are in the hospital.
Spiritual services: Support is available to people of all faiths to cope with the challenges that may come up when a child is sick.
Palliative care: Our programs helps children with serious conditions live full and meaningful lives, even when the future is uncertain.
How to reach us:
- Refer your patient to OHSU Doernbecher.
- Call 503-346-0644 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
- Fax patient records and gastroenterology related lab work to 503-346-6854.
Medical treatment guides: