If you are unsure what type of neurology specialist to see, the OHSU Adult General Neurology clinic is the best place to start. Our specialists will assess your condition and work with you to develop a treatment plan.
- Expert neurologists who can diagnose and treat a wide variety of neurologic conditions (affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles).
- Providers who are part of the OHSU Brain Institute, recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top program for neurology and neurosurgery.
- Treatment plans based on each patient’s specific needs.
- Follow-up visits via telemedicine (video chat) for patients who live far from the clinics.
- Sleep medicine services.
- Convenient locations in Portland and Beaverton.
Conditions we treat
We treat many neurologic conditions, including the following. If needed, we will refer you to another OHSU specialist who can best care for you.
- Alzheimer's disease and age-related conditions
- Dysautonomia (affecting the autonomic nervous system, which controls breathing, blood pressure and other systems you don’t consciously control)
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Movement disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuromyelitis optica (affecting nerves in the eyes and spinal cord)
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia (facial pain)
- Uncomplicated seizure disorders
What to expect
Your appointment will be tailored to your needs, but first appointments typically include:
- A discussion of your condition
- A review of your medical history
- A physical exam
- Tests, if needed
- A plan for starting your treatment
- Pippa Macdonald
Referral: To become a patient, please ask your doctor for a referral.
Questions: For questions or follow-up appointments, call 503-494-7772.
Download our Adult General Neurology fact sheet for information about referrals, locations, providers and more.