Diagnostic Radiology Visiting Student Policy
Due to the number of requests we get for students to shadow Radiologists, this policy provides a basic outline for what is to be expected by the student, the radiologist and the office staff. This policy is intended for students interested in acquiring a medical degree and going on to specialize in Radiology. All those interested in non-physician radiology roles such as a technologist should go through PCC.
- Medical students, OHSU or Visiting, must go through the Dean’s office. Learn More
- Visiting residents should go through the GME office. Learn More
- All visiting residents and high school students must be granted permission to shadow by a current OHSU Radiologist who will be the visitor’s preceptor and provide the curriculum.
Radiologists who have agreed to preceptor a student or resident should: Notify their administrative coordinator with:
- Name of the visitor
- Visitor contact information
- Dates at OHSU
- Outline a basic curriculum including any other Radiologists or sections involved and expectations the radiologist has of the visitor
undergraduate or high school students
This policy is intended for students interested in acquiring a medical degree and going on to specialize in Radiology. All those interested in non-physician radiology roles such as a technologist should go through PCC. All students who are interested in shadowing a Radiologist should first obtain permission by contacting a member of the faculty directly. High school students are encouraged to go through special programs already in place such as Saturday Academy or HOSA. All high school students are limited to one day.
Requirements prior to your visit to OHSU
The following items are required by radiology at least 2 weeks prior to shadowing. (The GME office or Dean’s Office have additional requirements and require more than 2 weeks.)
● Background check
● Letter from OHSU Radiologist:
- Name of visitor
- Name and location of High school, medical school or residency
- Dates they will be at OHSU
- Basic outline of the curriculum to be provided including expectations the radiologist has of the visitor
- Intro to Information Privacy and Security Essentials
- Respect at the University
- Integrity Education Booster
- Integrity Foundations