In 2020-2022, the University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities at OHSU is partnering with the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to provide training and support to Oregon high school transition programs to teach skills that will promote sexual health and healthy relationships.
The Friendships & Dating Program (F&D), developed by the University of Alaska UCEDD, is an evidence-based, comprehensive approach to teach individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities the skills needed to develop meaningful relationships and prevent interpersonal violence.
Friendships and Dating Program training for Oregon transition teachers
Interested in learning more about implementing the F&D program? Watch our Friendships and Dating program informational webinar.
Further questions about the Friendships and Dating Program? Please contact Angie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendships & Dating Program in Oregon High Schools
As of August 2021, 81 teachers from 36 transition programs across Oregon were trained to facilitate Friendships & Dating. Each transition program has a team of at least two teachers who will teach Friendships & Dating in their classrooms.
Friendships and Dating Program Locations
1. Adult Living Program, Gresham
2. Arata Creek, Troutdale
3. Art Tech High School - Adult Transition, Wilsonville
4. Ashland High School, Ashland
5. Bethel Community Transition Network (BCTN), Eugene
6. Bridges to Independence, Oregon City
7. Canby High School, Canby
8. Central High School, Independence
9. Community Transition Program, Lake Oswego High School
10. Community Transition Program, Portland Public Schools
11. Community Transitions Program, Fairview
12. Crater High School, Central Point
13. Crook County High School, Prineville
14. David Douglas Community Transition Program, Portland
15. Estacada Adult and Youth Transition Program, Estacada
16. Hidden Valley High School, Grants Pass
17. Illinois Valley High School, Cave Junction
18. Jerome Prairie Transition Center, Grants Pass
19. La Grande High School, La Grande
20. Lakeview High School, Lakeview
21. Madras High School, Madras
22. Neah-Kah-Nie Middle/High, Rockaway Beach
23. Nestucca Valley Middle/High, Cloverdale
24. Newport High School, Newport
25. Online Oregon Schools, Phoenix
26. Parkrose High School, Portland
27. Phoenix Talent Schools, Phoenix
28. Rainier High School, Rainier
29. Roosevelt High School, Portland
30. Services at Miller Education Center East, Hillsboro
31. Sherwood High School, Sherwood
32. Step Up Brown Education Center, Redmond
33. Tillamook High School, Tillamook
34. Transition 21, The Dalles
35. Westmoreland Transition Program, Eugene
36. WINGS Transition Program at Crescent Valley High School, Corvallis
Many transition programs last fall were held online due to COVID-19. In August 2020, the OHSU UCEDD and University of Alaska UCEDD provided additional trainings to share tips and best practices for teaching the Friendships & Dating classes online. The March 2021 training provided teachers with both online and in-person best practices. In 2021 teachers anticipate that some classes will be held in-person, some a hybrid model and a few strictly online.
Oregon 2021 Transition Conference Presentation
In April of 2021, Oregon Health Authority and UCEDD presented at the Oregon Statewide Transition Conference about the Friendships and Dating project. In this presentation, we shared preliminary results from the student and teacher surveys.