Promoting Inclusive Sexuality Education Mini Webinar Series
September 2023 | 4:00-5:30 p.m. PDT
- September 19th: Autism and Human Sexuality
- September 20th: Disability Justice and Latino/a/e/x Culture in the Sex Ed Classroom
- September 21st: Let’s Talk about Sex! Education for Disabled Youth: Developing Comprehensive and Inclusive Sex Ed for Educators
- Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities 2
- Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities
- Oregon Senate Bill 1606
- Sex and Medicine: The Imperative for Medical and Mental Health Providers to Address Sex and Sexuality
- Mouth Matters: Disability and Oral Health: 2-Part webinar series
- Complex Access and Communication: A 3-Part Approach for Emerging Communicators
The Lifespan Transition Clinic (LTC) at the Institute on Development & Disability (IDD) provides assessment, recommendations, and collaboration with community partners for youth who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities. We describe our methods, provide real-life experience with mental health concerns during transition years, and discuss access to needed services.
AUCD Webinar - Taking Charge of My Health Care
Learn about a free resource called “Taking Charge of My Health Care Toolkit.” The toolkit aims to increase the skills of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to manage and advocate for their health and health care through general health education, skill building exercises, and sharing of resources.
AUCD Webinar - The SHEIDD Project
Learn more about the UCEDD's collaboration with Multnomah County to support the sexual and reproductive health of young people experiencing intellectual and developmental disabilities.
AUCD Webinar - Dancing with the Spirits
Listen to the UCEDD at OHSU and two other UCEDDs share about the role and importance of spiritual supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families as a crucial community resource.
OHSU Grand Rounds
Pediatric Grand Rounds Celebrating Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Presented on March 9, 2023 by
- Laura Lee McIntyre, PhD, University of Oregon
Dr. McIntyre has over twenty years of clinical and research experience focused on developing parent, educator, and professional relationships that support children with developmental delays or disabilities.
Presented on March 10, 2022 by
- Melanie Fried-Oken, PhD, CCC-Sp, OHSU Professor of Pediatrics, Neurology, Biomedical Engineering & Otolaryngology, Director of the REKNEW research projects, co-director of the OHSU UCEDD
- Kristi Atkins, EdD, CCC-Sp, OHSU Associate Professor of Pediatrics and CDRC Speech-Language Pathologist
- Janice Staehely, OHSU UCEDD Self-Advocate
Learn about research informed community projects, clinical service, and the intersection of lived experience.