Celebrating sexual health awareness month
For the month of September, the UCEDD brought back the Disability Justice Snapshot to celebrate Sexual Health Awareness Month. We sent weekly emails about current issues and topics of sexual health and wellness for people with disabilities. Including:
- Week 1: Introduction to Sexual Health Awareness Month
- Week 2: Every Body is Unique
- Week 3: Supporting Healthy Relationships
- Week 4: The Importance of Comprehensive Sexual Health Education
Read past editions in the News Archive
Celebrating Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Pediatric Grand Rounds on March 10th at 8 a.m. recording:
- Melanie Fried-Oken, PhD, CCC-Sp, OHSU Professor of Pediatrics, Neurology, Biomedical Engineering & Otolaryngology, Director of the REKNEW research projects, co-director of the OHSU UCEDD
- Kristi Atkins, EdD, CCC-Sp, OHSU Associate Professor of Pediatrics and CDRC Speech-Language Pathologist
- Janice Staehely, OHSU UCEDD Self-Advocate
Learn about research informed community projects, clinical service, and the intersection of lived experience.
Featured content topic: Spanish language resources
Captioning for the original Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities webinar has now been translated to offer Spanish language subtitles:
Un seminario web informativo con los expertos en preparación para emergencias Wesley Witherspoon y Donna Harris. Aprenda a prepararse para una emergencia de manera que pueda Sentirse Seguro y Estar Seguro y cómo crear un Plan de Apagón si se corta la electricidad. Hay subtítulos en español disponibles con la grabación en YouTube.
Also check out:
- Telesalud y Tú
- Información de COVID-19 Por y Para Personas con Discapacidades
- Hacerme Cargo de Mi Asistencia Medica Kit de herramientas
- Recursos Alimenticios de Oregón: Serie de Seminarios Web sobre la Pandemia COVID-19
Resource page: Recursos en Español
What's happening - current news
Teaching efforts featured by OHSU news
In the article, Unique OHSU program trains future clinicians to address needs, challenges of patients with disabilities, the UCEDD’s work in the med school gets recognition.
Bloomberg News produced a video about Dr. Melanie Fried-Oken's Brain Computer Interface work
DD Awareness Month OHSU Week podcasts
National network newsletters featuring our center:
- September 2022 AUCD 360 Story - Why is it so difficult to change ableist language?
- September 2022 - Building Community Capacity for Accessible Vaccine Events
- July 2022 AUCD 360 Story - Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities
- April 2022 AUCD 360 Story - Celebrating 50 Years
- October 2021 AUCD 360 Story - UCEDD Director wins Excellence in Teaching Award
Please take the one question survey below and send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 resources for people with disabilities
Click here for more information specific to people with disabilities or click the banner at the top of the page for OHSU COVID-19 information
Subscribe to email announcements
Click below to sign up for our quarterly newsletter and more.
Four Wheeling Through Life
Jan Staehely - UCEDD Staff, Communication Consultant and Blogger, writes about her life in her blog Four Wheeling Through Life. "I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy. Since all four of my limbs, plus my speech is affected by the disability, doctors say that I am severely disabled. However, if you ask me, I will tell you that there are people living with more complex disabilities than me."