The University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities and the Community Partners Council have collaborated to support the capacity of community-based organizations to provide relevant programming for people with disabilities and their families. The partners invite Oregon non-profit organizations to apply for grants of up to $1000 to fund programming in the areas of spirituality, sibling support, and health promotion.
If you would like to receive funding opportunity announcements, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should read the following guidelines and sample application before submitting an electronic application. The sample application is for review purposes only. All applications must be submitted electronically by the application deadlines.
The application cycle is now closed.
Please check back in early 2023.
Applying for a grant
2021-2022 Community Engagement Grant awardees
- Healthy Moves for school-based fitness program ($1000)
- L'Arche Portland for a spirituality retreat ($1000)
- OSU Foundation IMPACT for Life fitness instructor program ($1000)
- Providence Children's Health Foundation for Sib Shops ($1000)
- SLLEA for their Holistic Lifestyles program ($1000)
- The Arc of Multnomah-Clackamas for Club Wellness program ($1000)
2020-2021 Community Engagement Grant awardees
- Adventures Without Limits for program scholarships ($1000)
- B'nai B'rith Camp for hosting inclusion counselors at camp ($1000)
- Mainstream Housing Incorporated for advocacy product creation ($1000)
- Opportunity Foundation of Central Oregon for wellness programing ($1000)
- Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation of Oregon for therapeutic martial arts class ($1000)
- The Arc of Benton County for cooking and community building program ($1000)
2019-2020 Community Engagement Grant awardees
- Families Engaging and Thriving Together for Douglas County SibShops ($720)
- Family and Community Together for All Ability Tri4Youth, a barrier-free triathlon ($1000)
- NAMI Multnomah for Expressions through Art Sibshops ($1000)
- Real Choice Initiative for a Care Matchmaking project ($1000)
- The Arc of Multnomah-Clackamas for Portland area SibShops ($1000)
- UCP Oregon for a Roller Skating for All event at Oaks Park ($770)
2018-2019 Community Engagement Grant awardees
- Hollywood Dreams for their educational workshops to build community ($1000)
- Congregation Neveh Shalom for the creation of a sensory space for family programming ($1000)
- United Cerebral Palsy for a Roller Skating for All event at Oaks Park ($650)
- L'Arche Portland for a series of community events expanding west ($1000)
- IMPACT for Life for increasing community inclusion in physical activity spaces ($1000)
2017-2018 Community Engagement Grant awardees
- Creating Opportunities for their Family Empowerment Training Series in the Willamette Valley ($1000)
- FACT Oregon for their All Ability triathlon, Tri4Youth in the Portland metro area ($1000)
- L'Arche Portland for their Extending Community program expansion in Portland ($1000)
- Supporting Access to Independent Living for their Healthy Cooking program in Portland ($1000)
- The Arc of Multnomah Clackamas for their Nutrition Education Equity program in Portland ($1000)
- United Cerebral Palsy of Oregon and S.W. Washington for their 18th UCP Family Conference ($1000)