School of Medicine News
Tackling structural racism is “on us”
June 26, 2020
School of Medicine Dean Sharon Anderson's State of the School Address June 24 was equal parts celebration, reflection and call to action, covering major accomplishments as well as lessons learned from the crucible of COVID-19 and the police killing of George Floyd; she called on white people to act.
Equity, Innovation and Service: Shaping Our New Normal around Positive Change
Watch the June 24 recording.
Reach out with respect and kindness
A Message from Dean Sharon Anderson to the School of Medicine, June 1, 2020
"We have emerged from what we hope has been the worst phase of a frightening and deadly virus only to again confront an even more ingrained and pernicious one that continues to plague our society: racism...We must look to our work as healers and to our commitment to public service as the channels for our emotion and the vehicles for change."
- A sad farewell and a happy new beginning, even during COVID
- Real-time needs and capacity assessment for local safety net programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Doernbecher 10S: A Unit of Hope and Little Heroes
- On a medical mission: Dr. Tom Catena to speak on serving in Sudan
- First lessons from a PA clinical year