- Digestive Health
Special focus on
- Anal Cancer
- Cancer Research
- Colorectal Cancer
- Digestive Surgery
- General Surgery
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2000
- M.C.R., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2013
- General Surgery, Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI, 2000-2007
- Colon-Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, MN, 2007-2008
- American Board of Surgery (2007, 2016)
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery (2008, 2017)
Vassiliki “Liana” Tsikitis, M.D. joined the division of general surgery at OHSU in September of 2011. Prior to her move to Oregon, she was appointed assistant professor of surgery in the division of surgical oncology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine and University Physicians Healthcare in November 2008.
Dr. Tsikitis’ clinical areas of interest are the surgical treatment of colon and rectal cancer and surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Her practice also includes benign colorectal conditions that might require surgical treatment, including diverticulitis, colonic polyps not amenable to removal by colonoscopy, perianal fistulas, fissures, and hemorrhoids. Dr. Tsikitis is an expert in the complete array of open and minimally invasive procedures for all diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus. Her primary research interests are the emerging field of colon and rectal cancer genetics, and optimization of the surveillance of colon and rectal cancer patients.
During her medical school, residency, fellowship, and her junior faculty years, Dr. Tsikitis won numerous awards in research, patient care, and teaching, including outstanding intern and outstanding resident awards, as well as outstanding role model in surgery.Read more
Memberships and associations
- Association for Academic Surgeons, Finance Committee
- Alpha Omega Alpha Society
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Association for Academic Surgery
- European Society of Coloproctology
- International Society of Digestive Surgeons
- International Society of Surgeons
- Pacific Coast Surgical Association
- Priestley Society of Mayo Clinic, Council Board
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, Research Committee
- Southwest Oncology Group
The following clinical trials are currently accepting new participants:
4.8 out of 5 (323 Ratings, 34 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Friendliness/courtesy 4.9
- Explanations about your problem/condition 4.8
- Concern shown for your questions/worries 4.8
- Effort made to include you in treatment decisions 4.7
- Used words you could understand 4.8
- Amount of time spent with you 4.7
- Your confidence in care provider 4.8
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.8
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.8
- Jun 05, 2018
I am a retired nurse. They spoke to me as a patient and adjusted to my knowledge level very well. They did not speak "down" to me, nor did they expect me to know specifics I may or may not know in my nursing history.
- May 07, 2018
See my comments in prior section for Dr. Tsikitis. I am so glad to be in her care for my surgery.
- Apr 30, 2018
I've seen this doctor before so we have discussed my meds and health problem in the past. this doctor is fantastic! We did not get enough time to chat, but that was the system's fault. Doctors need to be permitted to sopend more time with each patient.
- Apr 29, 2018
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Tsikitis.
- Mar 22, 2018
The Dr. is very knowledgeable and explains things clearly in a compassionate way.
- Feb 01, 2018
I went in since I have had a recurring health issue after a previous surgery. I did not feel that the doctor was objective. She referred to my previous surgeon by his first name, told me "the past was the past" and I did not feel that she was able to give me an unbiased opinion on my medical condition.
- Jan 25, 2018
Doctor told me my cancer would defiantly 100% come back, how can she say something like that to me. She is not my Oncologist.
- Dec 07, 2017
Very confidence inspiring.
- Nov 30, 2017
All my care at OHSU is excellent. But Dr Tsikitis has to be in the running for the greatest physician who ever lived. She is wise, warm, respectful, expert, caring - what can I say, she's more amazing than any doctor on TV.
- Oct 11, 2017
never a better experience in my life