Special focus on
- Transgender Care
- B.S., Trinity University, San Antonio Texas 2003
- Pharm.D., The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin Texas 2007
- D.O., Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Worth Texas 2013
- General Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 2014
- Urology Residency, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 2018
- Fellow, Male Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgery, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 2019
- Board Eligible, American Board of Urology, 2018 - present
Dr. Chouhan specializes in the management of urethral stricture disease, male stress urinary incontinence, fistulas of the urinary tract and male voiding dysfunction. These types of conditions can occur after treatment for prostate cancer or due to a variety of other reasons. In addition, she provides gender affirming surgeries and other reconstructive procedures including buried penis repair.
Dr. Chouhan completed a fellowship in male urologic reconstruction at Wake Forest Medical Center after residency training at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. Prior to her career as a physician, she was a hospital pharmacist. During that time, she developed a strong appreciation for interdepartmental collaboration and patient education. Working to understand her patient’s goals and improving their quality of life is very important to her. Oftentimes, this includes coordinating care with other departments to provide the most comprehensive management possible.
Her clinical research focuses on prescription drug use in urology and gender affirming surgery outcomes. She is also a member of several professional organizations including the American Urological Association, The Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons, the Sexual Medicine Society of North America, and the American College of Surgeons.
Originally from Texas, Dr. Chouhan joined the Department of Urology at OHSU in 2019. Outside of work, she enjoys photography, hiking, and spending time with her husband.Read more