Initiate a patient transfer with one call
- 800-648-6478 (toll-free)
The OHSU Patient Transfer Center:
- Connects you on a dedicated, recorded phone line with an OHSU attending physician.
- Monitors the call and conferences in additional specialists for complex cases.
- Secures appropriate bed assignments, notifies the referring nursing staff, and coordinates nursing reports.
- Facilitates transportation arrangements when needed.
- Tracks the progress of the transport and provides timely updates on patient condition to the medical teams.
- Relays immediately any delays, problems, or changes in patient status to attending physicians.
- Operates around the clock.
Request for patient information form
Our history at OHSU
The Emergency Communication Center assumed the duties of the Transfer Center in 2001. Since then the Transfer Center has grown quickly and now facilitates over 9,000 transfers per year.