When you call for a PANDA transport
- Our Emergency Communications Center will place you on a recorded line with the PICU/NICU attending physician who will assist you in arranging the transport.
- Our attending physician is available 24 hours a day by telephone to initiate, triage, and provide medical direction for each transport.
- Our attending physician will work with you to answer any pre-transport questions regarding patient diagnosis and the necessity for transport to Doernbecher.
- You will be instructed as to the required patient transfer forms, which must accompany your patient during transport.
During and after a PANDA transport
- While our team is en route, our attending physician is always available for questions or updates on the child's medical condition.
- When we arrive at your facility, we work in concert with you and your staff to rapidly stabilize your patient for return transport.
- Our medical management goal is to provide tertiary intensive care on transport equivalent to that received in either the NICU or PICU.
- When possible, we may allow one parent to accompany their child on the return trip.
- We will contact you with an update on your patient within 24 hours of their arrival.
PANDA (transports and consults)
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Doernbecher Pediatric Emergency Room