Check symptoms, recommended dosages and more
What should you do if your child develops a fever, cough, vomiting, rash, sore throat or head injury? When can your child return to school or child care after an illness? Health problems can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, when you're at work or traveling or your doctor's office is closed.
MD 4KIDS is designed especially for these times. The care guides help you make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide speedy symptom relief for minor illnesses or injuries you can manage on your own.
Use MD 4KIDS to:
- Check symptoms: the care guide that best matches your child's symptom can be located quickly by using the alphabetical index.
- When to call the doctor: decision chart helps determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as call 911, call your child's doctor now, call your child's doctor within 24 hours or manage at home.
- Home care advice: the instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
You will also find:
- Pediatric dosage tables by weight for common over-the-counter medications.
- Images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites and stings.
- First aid illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
If you think that your child is having a medical emergency, call 911 or the number for the local emergency ambulance service NOW. And when in doubt, call your doctor NOW or go to the closest emergency department.
Get the app
Download MD 4KIDS for your Apple or Android device.