The Doernbecher Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, or NICU, at Doernbecher provide your baby complete, highly specialized care, and the most advanced pediatric treatment, in a gentle, nurturing environment.
NICU services include
- Advanced NICU care for the premature neonates
- Specialty medical and surgical care for all neonates
- Neonatal care after surgery
- Cerebral cooling (for newborns with hypoxic brain injury)
- Continuous hemodynamic monitoring
- Nitric oxide
- Genetic and metabolic evaluation
- Specialized neonatal transport
- Conventional, Non-invasive and High Frequency Ventilation
- Monitoring and support of vital functions not available in a general pediatric department or community hospital
- Neonatal Neurodevelopment Follow-Up Clinic
- NICU support services for families
Housing for families
If you need assistance with housing during your baby’s stay at the NICU, please contact the Ronald McDonald House.
For more information
For more information on neonatal intensive care unit services at Doernbecher, call us at 503-494-8122.
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239