Specialized care for your unborn baby
Doernbecher is dedicated to the diagnosis and management of fetal problems that require treatment before or after birth. Our expert team of maternal-fetal, neonatal, and pediatric specialists provide a variety of fetal therapy services to address the specific needs of your baby.
Fetal therapy services
Doernbecher's Fetal Therapy Program is the only one of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. We specialize in:
- Advanced prenatal diagnostic imaging
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Fetal cardiology
- Pediatric subspecialty consultation
- Coordination of complex deliveries
- Family planning
- Support and counseling services for patients, siblings and families
- Postnatal follow-up and testing
- Coordination of your baby's care across a spectrum of medical and surgical specialties
Advanced prenatal diagnostic imaging
Specialists in the Fetal Therapy Program use a variety of prenatal diagnostic tools to assess the fetal condition. These high-tech tests commonly include:
- Fetal ultrasound: this tool gives doctors detailed images of your baby without the need for invasive procedures.
- Fetal echocardiogram: this high-resolution 3D and 4D ultrasound test can diagnose complex heart abnormalities.
- Fetal MRI: this sophisticated tool can help doctors identify structural abnormalities that other tests would miss.
Fetal conditions frequently evaluated and treated
This is a partial list of the more common birth defects and fetal conditions that are evaluated at the OHSU Doernbecher Fetal Therapy Program and later treated at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. There are many other conditions beyond this list that we evaluate and treat within our comprehensive Fetal Therapy Program.
- Agenesis of the corpus callosum
- Spina bifida (Myelomeningocele)
- Cervical teratoma
- Neck tumors
- Congenital pulmonary airway malformation (CPAM)
- Congenital high airway obstruction syndrome CHAOS
- Pulmonary sequestration
- Congenital heart disease
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)
- Gastrointestinal anomalies
- Kidney anomalies
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma
- Amniotic band syndrome
- Fetal anemia and thrombocytopenia
- Twin pregnancy complications
- Monochorionic twins
- Twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)
- TRAP sequence
- Unequal placental sharing
The Doernbecher Fetal Therapy Program is dedicated to providing the most advanced treatments for mothers and their unborn babies. Contact us at 503-346-0340 and schedule your appointment today.
Schedule an appointment
877-346-0640 toll free
Refer a patient
- Refer your patient to OHSU Doernbecher.
- Call 503-346-0644 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
During your visit
Your visit to fetal therapy is planned so whenever possible, evaluation and consultation can take place in a single day.