June 16, 2023
7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.
Phone (audio only):
Mobile phone (one-touch):
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Series
This grand rounds course qualifies as Mandatory Cultural Competency Continuing Education credits. It is part of a series on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The series was developed in partnership with the Casey Advancement of Diversity and Inclusion in Ophthalmology (CADIO) committee and Casey Eye Institute's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program.
Target audience: Ophthalmologists and ophthalmologists in training.
Topic: "Native American Health: A Story of Resilience"
Allison Empey, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Division of General Pediatrics
Oregon Health & Science University
Participants will be able to:
- Review the health inequities that exist for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Compare Indian Health Service to other health care systems
- Describe current efforts and pathways to increase the number of AI/AN students going into healthcare
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure to Learners
- Allison Empey, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
Program Planning Committee
- Hemakshi Adke - Nothing to Disclose
- Aiyin Chen, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Julie Falardeau, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Seema Gupta, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Thomas Hwang, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Susan Minnieweather - Nothing to Disclose
- Afshan Nanji, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Amanda Redfern, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Leah Reznick, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Daniel Tu, M.D., Ph.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Lorri Wilson, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose